Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Santa and Happy New Year


.
Blogger has changed for some reason, so bear with me on the posts...just trying to upload photos since it's been awhile
Here is a photo of Graham and Julia at the Kennedy Center "Brunch With Santa" prior to the truly lovely Nutcracker ballet (long, one intermission, but the children held their own...not bad for 4.5 year olds!)...

Now, what was the Kennedy Center thinking? They stuck poor Santa--a v. good Santa--in a dark corner, where it was difficult to get a photo of him...well, here it is...

And also, a photo of our 14-foot outdoor tree...er, including the ladder that I had to get on to put the lights--ahem, WRAP the lights around each branch at the top--oh, did I mention we also have 3 more trees inside?? Let me find a photo or two...

OK, this year, Graham and Julia decorated (mean: me) their trees in colorful lights...it was fun...you can't see it, and I will take a photo of it later, our 'family' tree which is all bathed in which lights to reflect the outdoor tree which lines up with the indoor tree through the v. large window in the parlor...oh, never mind...it gets so complex, for someone like me, who is so not into such things...but, alas, at Christmas...well, lights mirror one another, indoor and out, and trees align and Santa comes...what can I say? I'm a sucker for the magic of Christmas!

I have more photos...let's see if Blogger will cooperate...I do NOT understand what is going on with Blogger...but I want to upload another Santa photo from our friend Kristina's party...god bless, she hired a Santa!! I did not have to go to Pentagon City to go to the Santa there (and frankly, I think the entire idea of a little kid sitting on a strange man's lap is...well, creepy anyhow)...
I digress...let me dig up that photo from the party

OK, I'll get back to you on that...:) Happy New Year

No comments: