Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving was so nice...Thank you, Wagshal's, for cooking...well, I take that back: everything needed to be warmed up ... which translates into dirty pans...and hand wash china...etc.
But it was heavenly, the food...the company..the children! Oh, how they entertained themselves so we could chat and eat and enjoy...since Graham and Julia aren't huge 'meat eaters' (Um, except those cheeseburgers they love to scarf down every other month or so...need I tell them it's from a cow? Julia claims she won't eat anything from a pig...I guess my non meat eating has rubbed off on them.)
 
I digress...after T-day, we drove to the Eastern Shore (what a mind numbing drive that is! Egads...flat, flat, boring...then the amazing ocean!)...
Just chilled, saw Gramma Dot...and got some book store time as well as some beach time...
 
 Julia, after her bath, sans shoes...
 "Come buy something in our store!" Graham and Julia kept themselves entertained by creating a store in the kitchen while Terence, our friend Caitsby and I enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal ... Graham then shut the store down, and had an 'advice' office...for 5 cents (thank you, Lucy from Peanuts!)...I told him my problem was "oh, I am dropping everything! I sometimes forget things!" and Graham looked ever so serious as he told me his diagnosis:
"I think you need to see a doctor."
ba-da-boom.
When I told him I'd paid him 5 cents, he became quite serious and took out a piece of paper...and proceeded to write me a prescription.
Priceless.
 Graham, most likely thinking of his next invention or building he'll create
 At Bethany Beach, Thanksgiving weekend.
Sand castles

No comments: